Facebook Can Be A Great Marketing Tool If You Avoid These Common Errors
Online marketing has been the key to success for many small business owners. However, as with anything, there are mistakes that can be made along the way. Facebook has become a great marketing tool because of the amount of people that it can reach all at one time. However, there are 10 common mistakes that business owners make when setting up a Facebook account.
10 Of The Most Common Facebook Mistakes
- The most common mistakes that most business owners make when setting up their Facebook profile is setting their profile to a personal profile instead of a business profile. There is nothing more frustrating than when a consumer is at your business and can’t like your company on Facebook because the profile is a personal profile. Making sure that your account is set to business instead of personal is important so that consumers can like your page and easily find you in a search.
- Don’t make the mistake of not filling out your profile completely. Using Facebook to just market your products isn’t enough. People want to know where you’re located and how to get in touch with your business. If you have multiple departments make sure that you are making consumers aware of that fact. Don’t leave potential customers in the dark.
- Ensure that your posts are engaging. You don’t just want to put links to your latest news or put out a press release without attempting to make conversation with the potential customers you are trying to reach. In fact, Facebook is a great marketing tool because it makes sure that people are engaging with your content on a regular basis. Once it figures out that your not engaging customers it will stop showing your posts in peoples news feeds.
- Apart from ensuring that your posts are engaging, don’t ignore feedback and comments from customers. While it would be impossible to respond to all comments and posts people want to know that there’s a real person behind the page.
- Monitor! Make sure that you are monitoring the activity on your Facebook page. You don’t want your page to become overloaded with spam. Consumers won’t be able to see what your business is about if your page becomes logged down with spam from other places.
- Don’t use hashtags on Facebook. Hashtags were created for a completely different social media site and have no place on Facebook.
- Liking your own posts is a complete waste of your time. If people see that you’re the only person liking your post they may start to think that there is something wrong with the business.
- One of the great tools that Facebook has for business pages is the free analytics that it provides. Use them and make the most of them! It will help you see what type of important information customers are going to the most. This way you know what is catching the attention of people.
- Don’t create an avatar that doesn’t have anything to do with the brand you are trying to sell. If the avatar is confusing people will shy away from the page as it may look fake.
- Customize your cover photo. Make your photo be something that is related to your business. That way people know that they are on your business page and now some spam page unrelated to your product.
Making sure you don’t make these 10 common mistakes on Facebook is important to your business. Marketing with social media can be easy, but knowing what you’re doing is essential to the process. Facebook has lots of guides and information to help get you started.
If you aren’t sure how to do it ask someone who is familiar with setting up a business page. Facebook can be one of your greatest marketing tools if it is utilized properly.