This year I started getting into Cobb Salad. Since I don’t like tomatoes I leave them off. This salad is at the top of the list for one of the best recipes around. I call it Best Ever Cobb Salad Recipe.
Find the original on AllRecipes©. Here is the recipe with my personal twist. You can adjust recipes to meet your healthy eating lifestyle. This recipe is recommended to my Lose Weight For Good Ecourse clients too!
Especially relevant is ‘organic’ or locally grown food sources. They promote better health and weight loss. Try to use uncured pork, grass-fed beef, or organic chicken
6 slices of uncured bacon [or use turkey bacon uncured if possible]
¾ cup of feta cheese crumbled [the recipe calls for blue cheese]
3 Organic eggs
1 Organic Avocado diced
1 bunch of Organic Romaine lettuce, spring greens, mixed greens or other healthy lettuce. The recipe says head lettuce – please don’t eat this. It has no nutrition and really isn’t tasty.
3 cups of organic chicken breast. If you’re in a hurry Whole Foods Market has cooked breasts in the deli at many locations.
3 green onions. I didn’t have these once, and it was all right, but the do add a wonderful flavor!
2 small tomatoes chopped – I leave them out.
Your favorite salad dressing. If you’re in my ecourses you know I love to use these amazing flavor-infused vinegar and olive oils. No matter where you live in the USA, these can be shipped or bought. If you’re in another country, I have found countless markets filled with these too.
Other dressing options are found in natural grocery stores. The milk or sour cream based may taste great but add pounds; chose our salad dressing carefully.
Directions For the Best Ever Cobb Salad Recipe
Prep time: 20 m Cook 30 m Ready In 50 m
- Place eggs in a saucepan and cover completely with cold water. Bring water to a boil. Cover, remove from heat and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool, peel and chop.
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- Divide shredded lettuce among individual plates.
- Evenly divide and arrange chicken, eggs, tomatoes, blue cheese, bacon, avocado and green onions in a row on top of the lettuce.
- Drizzle with your favorite dressing and enjoy.
Finally, if his recipe sounds like this recipe takes too long modify it for you or your family? Lose Weight for Good e-course if full of great information about how to convert recipes that are favorites. I also cover how to make this – The Best Ever Cobb Salad Recipe in less than 20 minutes!
Find all recipes, images, and tips on the web at these websites.